Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Current Cushie Bloggers

Cushie Bloggers

Cushie Bloggers

Cushie Bloggers are a group of Cushing's patients, family members and friends, who are members of the Cushing's Help and Support Message Boards.

We don't always write about Cushing's because we have varied and interesting lives but the syndrome is always lurking behind the scenes, somewhere.

If you think that you might qualify as a Cushie Blogger but are not a member of the message boards for whatever reason, please email me with your blog information and we'll check it out to see if it can be included here.

Current Cushie Bloggers
ADDFlower: A Basket For My Case
I haven't posted anything in forever because I have a tumor in my pituitary gland. You read that right... I've named it Count Rugen....

Alicia: Hear hoofbeats, think Zebras
This is a blog, loosely based, on my experiences with Cushing's Disease; illness, recovery, and what lies between. It is more of a place where I can ramble on about what is on my mind, in the hopes of clearing my mind enough that I might sleep tonight.

Bev (BookYeti): My 'Court Case' Against Cushing's
Will Cushing's be guilty as charged? I will be finding out soon. I am still gathering evidence to fight my case and put this horrible disease on trial.

Brandon (jediknight36): The Weary Zebra- Cushing's Patient w/o Insurance
My journey to being diagnosed with Cushing's Syndrome and getting treated... with out insurance.

Christina (happygirl): Just Another Day in Paradise
A little of this and that from my world . . .

Danielle (Smilez133): Life With Cushing's
My journey through diagnosis and treatment of Cushing's Disease

DragonFlyJacquie.com: My Cushing's Journey
I am not sure exactly when my Cushing’s journey began. It is difficult to pinpoint when the disease took hold of my body as it is the type of disease that creeps up. The early symptoms are so vague and mimic so many other conditions that it is difficult to diagnose. I do know that I transformed into a whole other person who I did not recognize within a few years.

Ferol (FerolV): FerolV's Blog
Diagnosed with Cushings Disease in 05, after YEARS of mis-diagnosed symptoms, I want to share my experience with others.

Gracie (Fatnsassy): Another Day in the Life of a Train Wreck
Why did I pick this title? Well, that's what I feel like most days! I wake up wondering if anyone seen the license of what hit me!...

Jenny (jennyr): Waking up from an Endocrine Nightmare
I'm a stay at home Mum who has been struggling with finding help for my family, who suffer from a wide range of Endocrine problems. As our journey continues, I hope our experiences may serve to help other families who find themselves in a similar situation.


Judy (judycolby): Cushing's Family
Cushing's Syndrome - our family journey

Kay (casperslove): Cushie Mama

I'm just a mom who was dealt the diagnosis of Cushings disease and this is my journey from surgery on and how I get through each day.

Lucky Santangelo: My Life With Cushing
After my work in the office, I tried to research on the web about this Mr. Cushing (cushing's syndrome). I found out that I have almost all of the symptoms such as moonfaced, buffalo hump, hypertension, water retention, central obesity ( i weighed 94 kg); purplish straie on the abdomen and legs and unintentional weight gain...

Mary (MaryO): Cushing's & Cancer
The life and times of a pituitary Cushing's survivor (1987) AND a kidney cancer (Renal Cell Carcinoma) survivor (2006).
  • Addison's Help to promote Addison's Disease awareness and adrenal issues.
  • Cushie Blogger We are a group of Cushing's patients, family members and friends, who are members of the Cushing's Help and Support Message Boards.
    We don't always write about Cushing's because we have varied and interesting lives but the syndrome is always lurking behind the scenes, somewhere.
  • Cushie Info Blog It's About Time There Was Support for Cushing's.
Mary (mertie): Mary's Mindless Musings
Thoughts on Cushing's and life

Our Newest Blogger! Missaf: Brain Tumors Can Make You Fat
Since April 8th is the day we Cushing's patients call "Cushing's Awareness Day," I'd like to do my part by blogging as much as possible throughout the month of April on this blog.

Nancy (NancyJ): It's a Cushie Life
It's a Cushie Life: my journey to Cushing's Syndrome recovery

Rene (alexsmom): Miss Diagnosis
My life as a mom and as the parent of a child with Cushing's Disease

Robin (staticnrg): survive the journey
Cushing's survivor gives tips and help to others with the disease

Saberlowe (Saberlowe): Sarah Dumps Cushing's
Follow my journey as I kick this disease to the curb and move on with my life.

Sarah (smcsk8): Sarah versus Earl
My journey to diagnosis and, hopefully, a cure for Cushing's Disease

Stephanie (KaylaSivler): Being a Cushie
I always wanted to be special but having a rare disease wasn't quite what I had in mind...

Tealou: Daily Doses of WTF
For some reason I felt compelled to document this

Several Contributors, including Robin (staticnrg) whose idea it was to start this blog, Bug, CindyRPT, Jessie, Judy, Kristin, Lisa, Mal de Med, MaryO, Mertoo, PhilB and Steve : Herding Zebras
Who are we? We are "zebras".

We are people with stories to tell about chronic illness as it pertains to our lives or the lives of those we love.

There are two types of contributors to "Herding Zebras":


  • Those who who blog about one or more "rare" illnesses and wish to share here, too.
  • Those who experience and write about their "zebra" illness but do not have their own blogs.
Zebra illnesses come in many forms. Each day brings new challenges, new rewards, and new hope. This blog is about sharing those with you in hopes it will help someone.

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras"

No comments: